The Churchward One-Name Study

 

Home Distribution "Coat of Arms" Family Groups DNA Project Records    

Teigngrace

Teigngrace is quite a small parish. The population in 1801 was just 133, and by 1851 it had only risen to 187 (in 32 houses). Today it is not much biggerTeigng-1.JPG, and lies on a relatively quiet back road.

 

Teigng-5.JPG

The original church (dedicated to St. Peter & St. Paul) was demolished and rebuilt in 1787, and was then completely restored in 1872. It therefore bears no resemblence to the church in which John Churchward was baptised in 1761.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of the descendants of John Churchward will be added to this website at a later.

 

 

Home